Salute to British Design
Wednesday, April 28, 2010 • Pacific Design Center
Join us for a very special Salute to British Design at the west coast's premiere facility for luxury interior design products with more than 120 showrooms and 2700 product lines. This fabulous event is co-hosted by the Pacific Design Center and LUXE Interiors + Design Magazine. With an eye on Los Angeles chic, this elegant publication celebrates the best in luxury residential architecture, design, interiors and products that make the California casual lifestyle envied and admired by all.
The day-long program features leading British designers and cutting-edge designs, and includes:
Leading British Designers Keynote Panel
3:00-4:30pm in the Blue Conference Center, B259 • Moderated by Michael Wollaeger (Editor-at-Large of Luxe Magazine), the panel features:
- Nina Campbell: world-renowned designer known for beautiful interiors and collections of fabrics, wallpapers, accessories, carpets and home fragrance
- Peter Dunham: this rising star brings European flair to each project with custom fabrics and furniture and treasured antiques, included in multiples lists of top designers
- Kathryn M. Ireland: named by House Beautiful as one of the top 100 designers in the US, she is known for her signature eclectic fabrics, colorful style and wit.
- Martyn Lawrence-Bullard: multiple award-winning LA-based interior designer with a broad range of sophisticated styles, named among Architectural Digest’s top 100
Book Signing at Potterton Books Pop-up Store
Join acclaimed designers in the PDC Blue Lobby for an opportunity to mix, mingle and have your books signed by the authors. An exhibit of work by British photographer Tim Street-Porter will also be on display.
- 2:00-3:00 pm - Mary Schoeser * (scroll down for info on separate lecture and presentation)
- 4:30-5:30 pm - British photographer Tim Street-Porter and Annie Kelly
- 5:30-6:30 pm - Nina Campbell and Kathryn M. Ireland
British Interior Design Product Vignettes
Product vignettes styled by interior design students of the The Art Institute of California – Hollywood will be on display.
British Couture Courtesy of Saks Fifth Avenue
High Tea Courtesy of Crown & Crumpet
Sacha Newley Art Exhibit
Exhibit of works from British portraitist Sacha Newley.
For more information, contact Ellen Rubin at (310) 360-6409 or email@example.com
* There will be a related by separate event with Mary Schoeser from 12:30-2 pm at the Spectra:
British textiles and design expert Mary Schoeser (author of the new book Sanderson: The Essence of English Decoration) presentation and conversation with Luxe Magazine’s Editor-at-Large Michael Wollaeger. Finger sandwiches and high tea will be served, and a book signing with Mary Schoeser will follow at Potterton Books from 2-3 pm.