BritWeek UKTI Business Innovation Awards
Tuesday, May 4 • 6:30 pm • Four Seasons Hotel, Beverly Hills
300 South Doheny Drive • Los Angeles, CA 90048
BritWeek and UK Trade & Investment are pleased to announce the first-ever BritWeek UKTI Business Innovation Awards, which will bring together and celebrate the diverse UK-California business community. Awards recognizing outstanding innovations in Design, Technology and Service Provision will be presented at a special dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
British television icon and American Idol judge Simon Cowell will be honored at the event. A special recognition award for Simon's contributions to television and entertainment in the UK and US will be presented by BritWeek President, Nigel Lythgoe.
The evening will include a special performance by British violinist Ysanne Spevack, renowned for her rock music string arrangements and lush, string-laden film and TV scores. She has arranged and recorded strings for the Smashing Pumpkins, Michael Stipe (REM), Suede London, David J (Bauhaus / Love & Rockets) and Tiesto.
Thank you to our Sponsors • click logos to visit websites • click here for sponsorship opportunities
Thank you and congratulations to all Nominees for your outstanding innovations. The finalists are:
Businesses with joint operations in the UK and California will be recognized for their achievements in innovation before an audience of elite international commercial players, as well as the wider California business community.
Each applicant must submit an essay (of no more than 1000 words) illustrating how his/her company’s advances in design, technology or service have improved products, experiences and/or services.
Applications will be judged by a panel of renowned innovators and experts, including entrepreneur engineer Sir James Dyson,
internationally recognized authority on creativity Sir Ken Robinson, and BBC Technology Correspondent Maggie Shiels.
Winners will be announced at the dinner hosted by award-winning broadcast journalist Frank Mottek, anchor of KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO and voice of business news in Los Angeles.
The exclusive event will be attended by senior business leaders across a number of sectors with operations in California and the UK.
Back to Top
Showcase your company’s products and services to a diverse group of business professionals eager to network with like-minded companies doing business in the US and UK.
Platinum Level: $15,000
Platinum partners will receive a speaking slot at the awards dinner, one full-page advertising space (inside front or back cover) of the awards dinner program, their logo or corporate video on the awards presentation screen, as well as a table for 10 guests.
Gold Level: $7,500
Gold partners will receive a full page advertising space in the awards dinner program, their logo or corporate video on the awards presentation screen, as well as a table for 10 guests.
Silver Level: $3,500
Silver partners will receive a full table for 10 guests at the awards dinner and a half page advertising space in the awards dinner program.
Table of 10: $2,000
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available, including the sponsorship of the cocktail reception and advertising in the event program.
For more information or to become a sponsor, contact:
HM Consul & Director (West Coast USA), UK Trade & Investment
1766 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1200 • Los Angeles, California 90025
Tel: +1 (310) 996 3021 • Email Attn: Fiona Francois
Back to Top
Back to Top
Back to Top
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: BritWeek UKTI Business Innovation Awards (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) or the United Kingdom who are at least eighteen (18) years old and are affiliated with or employed by a company with legal entities or operations in both the United Kingdom and California at the time of entry. Employees of the British Consulate, ePrize, LLC, and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside of California and where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The British Consulate, 845 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning an award is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on January 15, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT"), ends on March 5, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit www.britweek.org/2010/InnovationAwards and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including a valid business address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Then, follow the directions to download an application to nominate a local business in the Contest. Downloading an application is free. Complete the application in its entirety, including the name of the company you seek to nominate, its address, a contact at the company, a brief description of the core business or services it offers, your name, your title or role, your applicable contact information and the category for which you would like to submit an essay nominating the company. The categories are: (a) design, (b) technology and (c) service position. The essay must discuss how an innovation derived from the company you nominated in the respective category selected has improved products, experiences and/or service provision Email the completed application and one (1) essay discussing the theme set forth above for the category you selected to InnovationAwards@britweek.org. Each complete application and essay emailed will be a nomination (the "Nomination"). You may nominate a business you own or with which you are affiliated as a third party. By uploading your Nomination, you agree that your Nomination conforms to the Nomination Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Nomination fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Nomination must be in text format;
- The essay portion of the Submission must not exceed one thousand (1,000) words in length;
- The Nomination must be in English; and
- The Nomination cannot have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind.
- The Nomination must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Nomination must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Nomination must not misrepresent or disparage any brand names or trademarks;
- The Nomination must not contain text not created by entrant;
- The Nomination must not contain text that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Nomination must not contain text that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Nomination must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Nomination is created.
Limit: Each entrant may nominate one (1) unique business during the Contest Period. Nominations received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Nominations generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that mentioned in the Nomination (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Nomination and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Nomination constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Nominations in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Nomination. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Nominations; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Nomination, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Semi-Finalist and Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select three (3) nominees from each category from among all eligible Nominations received for the respective category (the "Semi-Finalists") and the potential winner per category from among the Semi-Finalists selected for the respective category based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity (10%);
- Grammar and mechanics (35%);
- Fit to Contest Theme of how innovation has improved technology, business and/or service provision (55%).
In the event of a tie for either a Semi-Finalist or winner position, the company featured in the Nomination that received the higher score in the Creativity category, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Semi-Finalist or the winner of the applicable award. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of Semi-Finalists or winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Nominations.
7. Nominee and Winner Requirements: A representative of the company featured in the winning nomination will be notified by mail, email or phone on or around March 15, 2010; potential winners will be notified in person during the BritWeek UKTI Business Innovation Awards dinner on or around May 4, 2010. Acceptance of any award shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s, name, city, state, likeness, Nomination and/or other pertinent business information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Nomination and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Nomination for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Nomination and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Nomination. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Awards: THREE (3) AWARDS (one (1) award per category set forth in Section 5, above): Special recognition to the winning company for achievement and its contribution to business and a commemorative award. Each award has no monetary value. Awards are non-transferable and no substitution will be permitted unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise.
9. Release: By receipt of any award, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and award suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any award.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Nominations received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Nomination process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Nominations. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Nomination process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading or the processing or judging of Nominations; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Nominations or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Nomination.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any award awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than September 4, 2010. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "BritWeek UKTI Business Innovation Awards, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
© 2010 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.
Back to Top